Top 10+ Posts v.01
Our latest Top 10+ Videos, Articles and Posts from around the internet.
- Evolving Advisors Don’t Fear Change. They Embrace It.
Nearly every aspect of the advisory industry is undergoing some form of transformation today—spelling an opportunity for those advisors who are committed to continuously evolving their approach.
- How Google Interferes With Its Search Algorithms and Changes Your Results
Pressed by businesses, interest groups and governments, the internet giant uses blacklists, algorithm tweaks and an army of contractors to shape what you see.
- It Is All About Perception: Live Beyond Your Own Business Limitations
Years ago a rookie financial adviser (me) new to the area asked a veteran colleague and friend, “What is the wealthiest street in the city of Milwaukee?” “Well, that’s easy, it’s Lake Shore Drive because that is where all of … Continue reading → The post appeared first on.
- Blockchain Isn’t as Unbreakable as You Think
The truth is that blockchain is not as secure as it is believed to be.
- How to Follow Up on a Referral
Do you feel like the proverbial dog who finally caught the car? Fear not.
- 3 Ideas to Get the Most out of Client Reviews
The regular account review meeting doesn’t have to be something a client just endures. Target it to what they want to discuss — and they’ll respond.
- How Much is a CEO Worth?
What Are Your Thoughts – Michael Batnick and Downtown Josh Brown break down the biggest topics of the moment. On this episode: * JP Morgan calls out permabears. * Should investors be concerned about the national debt? * Does Google want to be a bank? * Selling performance vs selling opinions. * Stock-b
- Yes, In My Opinion the Robots Are Stealing Your Job
Andrew Yang , New York Times Self-driving trucks will be great for the G.D.P. They’ll be terrible for millions of truck drivers.
- Social Media Study Shows Older Advisors are Savvier on Social Media Than Younger Advisors
Younger advisors may be social media natives, but a recent survey finds experienced advisors are more apt to use the platforms.
- Non-Transparent, Active ETFs Get Regulatory Nod
The menu of types and styles of exchange-traded funds available to investors keeps growing. The Securities and Exchange Commission just approved four proposals for a new type of exchange traded fund: non-transparent, active ETFs
- An adviser’s journey to happiness
Financial Freedom Wealth Management Group’s Julia Carlson on ‘the art of delegation’.
- Amazon Prime vs. Disney+: Which streaming service is right for you?
If you shop online, you probably know Amazon Prime, Amazon’s catch-all premium service that offers everything from free shipping on Amazon orders to music and video streaming. By now you’re probably also familiar with Disney+ , the new streaming service that cracks open Disney’s vault to bring you all kinds of Star Wars, Marvel, and Disney goodness on demand. Both Amazon Prime Video and Disney+ h
- Client best interest rule raises standards but ‘muddies the water’ on advisor, broker differences
New rules passed by the SEC in September may have raised the standard of care required of brokers making investment recommendations to their clients, but it didn’t clear up the confusion about the differences between advisors and brokers.
- Burglars Really Do Use Bluetooth Scanners to Find Laptops and Phones
Bluetooth scanners are readily available and easy to use—which means that smash-and-grab car break-in might not have been pure chance.